Monday, July 9, 2012

Lately, I've been considering things that begin with the letter "M"...

"Milk", "Moisturizing" and "Moo"

Well, it's that time again where I babel on aimlessly about one important thing or another.  I suppose you like my rambling because you all seem so fond of checking back with me to see what funny little quip I will come up with next.  All right, I'll get right to it then!


I have been a busy little bee adding things to the shop.  Recently, I have added new shampoos and conditioners, "Neapolitan Melted Ice Cream (Lucky You) Pack" for a start.  Putting pudding in the category of facial treatments was a monumental success.  Etsy tells you that there is this magic number over 100, in reference to your item quantity for your shop, that makes people practically leap at you with their money in hand.  I have never been money focused with my work to begin with, but thus far my impatience is getting the better of me.  I have had only one sale since the change.  Poo.  I know, I sound totally ungrateful. 


What the heck does this have to do with milk/ moisturizing/ moo?

Simply put, if you do not know by now, milk is a very moisturizing ingredient and therefore an almost invaluable one for my products... if not a main ingredient.  Products such as Pudding Facial Mask, Milk Bath and my annual Egg Nog Bath are dairy central (say "dairy central" fast and it almost sounds like "essential"... both are very true.  See, now you are doing it too!).  Being that my line is fully organic and/ or coming from organic ingredients it is safe to say, cows are very important to me (see, this is the "Moo" part).


The way they live, work and play is just as important for them as it is for us.  The happiest cows make the best products.  Now, I am not going to ramble on about all things related to a slogan that sounds like, "All hail thee, thy awesome cow."  I am going to put in a little blurb about this cool list I found that you can use to compare your daily dairy brand to it's competitors.


The brand used most often here at the bath bakery is "Organic Valley".  Yeah, they may be 33rd on the list, but when you compare their rating to the other leading brands on the Cornucopia Institute's Dairy Survey list (Safeway O - Organics, yeah I am looking at you!) it makes you really think twice about the brand you may be currently using and if the quality and savings are really worth your health in the long run.  Even Horizon Organics was pinned to the wall with a score only five slots higher than Shamrock Farms, which is fourth from the BOTTOM!  I have been considering words starting with the letter "S"... saddening, shocking and shaming... when I consider that Shamrock Farms is but a two hour's drive from my hometown.

Organic Valley got a 4/5 cow rating.  That's very good considering they were the first national organic dairy distributor in the USA.  Target and other brands that have a chance to out do the competition?  Lacking at best.  Yes, I am being bold enough to call them out.  I am confident in the time, research (not just the internet) and effort I put into knowing what goes into my ingredients and in turn into your bodies.

Unknown source of above pic.  If you know who should be credited for this amazing illistration, please send me a contact with the related information.  I will be sure to add it right away.

What goes on your skin gets absorbed into your bloodstream.  The bloodstream is the interstate to the rest of your body.  What chemicals do you want to be trucking around in your body?  BPA, xenohormones or how about a nice carcinogen?  Knowing where your personal care products are sourced, the ingredients used and only the best suppliers of those ingredients puts YOU in the driver's seat of your own road in life.


Melanoma, Malignant, Malicious...

2 comments: